Sunday, June 1, 2008

Which one to get rid of first?


So Tyson has decide to climb out of his crib today for the first time and he did it twice. He did it this morning when he woke up and then again at nap time. Sad days for me. So here is what I can't decide on... I need to get rid of his paci and think about potty training and now think about a big boy bed. Which should I do first? I am so done with his pacifier it is killing me because the more he has it the more he thinks he needs it (and lets face it, it has been a crutch for me just as much as it has been for him). So I guess I will just have to think about it a little bit more and see what I can come up with.

7 comments:

Moira said...

He is so stinkin' cute. I love the picture of you and Milan as well.
Pacifier first for sure.

Alifinale said...

I say Paci first too. It won't be as bad as you fear. Plus...I think I noticed your crib can go down another hole so maybe try that before giving up on the crib.

Chante said...

I don't know, though about getting rid of the paci first. I think getting in a big boy bed is such a huge thing that having his paci would comfort him. I think once he has been in his big boy bed for say a month or so then you should get rid of the paci. Plus, if he is now climbing out of his crib you are going to want to get him in his big boy bed really soon....and getting rid of the paci I think is no big rush. Okay, now thinking about it I guess it really doesn't matter what you do first because getting rid of the paci they get over it within a week, so it really doesn't take that long for them to be sad about it. Do whatever you feel is best!

Wendy said...

I would do the paci first, then the potty, good luck with that. We just conquered potty training with McKay....there are still accidents but we are pretty much there. Keep blogging. I found you on Mandee's blog.

Gina Taylor said...

Your blog is adorable. Welcome to the crazy world of blogging. Wondering how last night went with Tyson? Good Luck! LOVE my hair...it's awesome!

Kara said...

Hey Emily, how'd you find my blog? I'm glad you did! yours is adorable! I like this posting... I'm kinda going thru the same stuff with my Ava right now. Just not the binki. We started potty training but I was too impatient so I went back to diapers. Since we have the new baby I decided I'd better go for the big bed soon! Mia is almost 5 months and she's not gonna be so happy just sleepin anywhere soon. So I'm goin for the bed first. I would too if I were you and my baby was climbing out of the crib!! How old is he anyway? I always wait until my kids are DEFINITELY ready for potty training anyway so its not a pain in the butt. Or my floor... or my washing machine! Don't know about the binki though, my kids have never stuck with them after a few months. Well, good to hear from you, hope you are all doing well! Your kids are adorable!

Dana said...

My vote is the pacifier. With Stuart I just threw them all away. He was fussy for a couple of weeks, but that was all. We've been weaning Roger off his paci these past few weeks. Next is the bottle...